Satellite CEO Reveals how to Propel Teams
Diversity, Passion and Mentorship Propel Teams with Katherine Gizinski
Get ready to embark on a captivating journey into the intricate world of space and defense with esteemed guest Katherine Gizinski. As the CEO of River Advisors and chairwoman of SSPI, Katherine shares her professional pathway that began unexpectedly with an internship which flourished into a passionate career. Delving into the profound impact of satellites on our world, Katherine unveils how this realm became her true calling—a place that feels like home.
Katherine sheds light on the pivotal role internships and mentorship played in shaping her trajectory, inspiring others to explore the boundless opportunities within this dynamic industry. Katherine also delves into the transformative potential of satellites in creating positive global change. We also hear of Katherine’s experience working in a traditionally male-dominated industry, emphasizing the evolving significance of diversity and advocating intentional efforts to promote it.
“If you don’t have women in the room, if you don’t have talented people in the room, you as an organization will fall behind. If we want to keep competing and we want to keep pushing forward, that’s something we have to be intentional about.” – Katherine Gizinski.
Further Key points throughout include:
- Passion for the mission: Breaking into the space and defense industry
- The value of mentorship and internships
- Raising awareness and conveying the value of the satellite to younger generations
- How to recruit an all-star team and embrace a growth mindset
- Hiring techniques: The crucial role of attitude and passion in interviews
- Planning for the future and undergoing the heavy lift of re-branding
- Working in a traditionally male-dominated industry and creating inclusive environments
- Balancing work and family life and prioritizing mental and physical well-being
- What career advice would you give to your younger self?
Are you ready to unleash the beast in defense recruiting? Join us next time on Mission Critical Defense Recruiting, the ultimate podcast unveiling strategies to build powerhouse teams in the defense industry. Don’t miss out on the inside scoop for crafting your unbeatable squad!
Get connected with your host Katherine Jerald:
Subscribe to Elray Insights
firmly focused A&D recruitment