Martin Amen, VP Parsons Space
Get ready to delve into the world of team excellence with defense industry maestro and Vice President of Space Systems at Parsons, Marty Amen. Marty holds an illustrious career spanning pivotal roles at giants like Northrop and Cubic and join us to share the humor and trials that shaped his journey, from beachside job motivations to navigating smoke-filled defense rooms. Cracking the code of assembling dynamic teams that transform ‘good’ into ‘great’ is no mean feat, and in this episode, Marty unravels the secrets behind cultivating high-performance teams.
Marty reveals the extraordinary potential of recognizing and nurturing the spark within individuals and how offbeat interview questions can unearth the essence of a candidate’s character and decision-making prowess. This episode is a treasure trove of leadership wisdom for anyone aspiring to impact the defense industry significantly. Learn how Marty built a legacy by focusing on the human element, fostering growth cultures, and always looking for the next innovation opportunity. If you are on a mission to fuel your team’s drive to succeed against all odds, this episode is for you! Key points throughout include:
- The unlikely source of motivation in a defense career
- Learning from the brightest minds in smoke-filled defense rooms
- A growth organization: The key to assembling high-performing teams
- Handling hiring fiascos and the importance of giving new hires time to evolve
- Embracing diversity and understanding your team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Marty’s go-to interview questions for assessing candidates’ personalities
- Discovering Resilience – A personal encounter with a childhood hero
- Marty’s advice for his younger self
“You always want somebody who wants the job. I don’t think people state enough that they want the job; they’re so inclined to interview well, but they never say, I really want this job.” – Marty Amen.
Are you ready to unleash the beast in defense recruiting? Join us next time on Mission Critical Defense Recruiting, the ultimate podcast unveiling strategies to build powerhouse teams in the defense industry. Don’t miss out on the inside scoop for crafting your unbeatable squad!
Get connected with your host Katherine Jerald:
This podcast is proudly produced in partnership with podlad.com
Subscribe to Elray Insights
firmly focused A&D recruitment